Saturday 21 November 2009

India

Just a few comments before I post my first pictures of India. It has been a week since we arrived to India through Kakarbita, close to Darjeeling. Due to bad weather, we decided to cancel our Sikkim plans and head southwest to Bodhgaya and then Varanasi. Darjeeling seemed really nice but the fog was so dense we could not enjoy the landscape.

Since then, we have travelled quite a lot by train (1 trip of 12h, 2 trips of 9h and 2 trips of 6h), experimenting the wonders of India railway system (a bit of irony here). We have tried all travelling classes and I would have a lot to tell you if I had the time right now...

After an interesting stop in Bodhgaya, one of the holiest cities for the Budhists, we head to Varanasi, one of the holiest cities for the Hindus.

I think I can say our trip in India starts in Varanasi. To understand this you would have to go there and linger for a few days. For now I leave you with some pictures.

No comments: